I know my due date isn’t until Sunday, but I honestly thought I’d have had the baby by now. Without going into too much detail, things have been steadily moving in the direction of getting this baby here for about three weeks. My doctor thinks I won’t go past my due date, and she even thought I might have the baby last week. There have been several times when I thought, “Okay, this is it,” and it wasn’t (see my last entry for an example).
To make matters worse, my parents are in town for a mission reunion, and if I haven’t had the baby by the time my dad needs to leave on Sunday, my mom will go with him. So basically, Squirrel Baby needs to get here tonight or tomorrow. No pressure or anything.
So today I’m grumpy. Big time. I want my body back, and I want my baby in my arms. Is that too much to ask?
Also, I’m grumpy because Fly Boy went through the temple for the first time today, and I decided not to go because a) he went to the Timpanogos temple, which is a good 40 minutes at least from LDS Hospital, and b) going into labor in the middle of an endowment session isn’t my idea of a good time. Then it turned out that I had a grand total of two weak contractions the whole time they were in the temple, so I totally could have gone.
Baby, if you can hear me, I’m ready for you to come out. Any time now. Really.