1) I’m freelancing now! It’s for an authorly couple. They write tons of stuff, from YA lit and plays (their labor of love) to TV shows, commercial novels, and soap operas (what they do to make money). I’m only doing a few hours a week, but I’m making a bit of money. And the last novel I edited, I enjoyed so much that it almost didn’t feel like work. In fact, they took a few days to get the last portion to me, and instead of thinking, “Dang, now I’ll have to do the rest on a deadline,” I thought, “But . . . what happens to the main character?!” I think that’s a sign I like my job.
Â 2) Lego is getting big, and he just got his bottom two teeth in the past week. He’s sleeping a bit better, though this last week he’s been sleeping more poorly again. I think it’s because he’s been teething. I hope he’ll go back to sleeping well once his teeth are all the way through and not hurting him anymore. He’ll be six months old tomorrow.
3) Two weekends ago we went to Green River, UT, to visit my family (mostly so they could see Lego). Lego had a grand old time, and he showed off for everyone. He’s really happiest when he can show off to many people at once. He also loved it when his cousin came over so her parents could go to the temple. He would laugh and laugh to see her running around.
4) We got a check for the full amount of the damages to our car (see “My Faith in Humanity”) after we sent them pictures of where our car was parked. Hooray!
5) And it looks like our couch will be reupholstered too, which makes me happy. It had started fraying and getting threadbare only six months after we bought it, which made me sad. But everything seems to be working out. The only thing is, we’ll have to pick a different fabric because the company that made the couch originally is being stupid, so it’s the store we bought it from who will be honoring the warranty. At least someone’s going to be responsible.
6) Jon Boy quit his horrible job. I feel okay about it. Really okay, actually. I just hope he finds something great soon. As in, great like my job. (Did I mention I love my freelancing job?)
7) I’ve been called as the ward organist. This scares me but also excites me because it means I get a key to the church and a reason to practice. Wish me luck on Sunday; it’ll be my first time playing.
8) I can knit hats! I’ve made two so far.